Planning a renovation? Looking to update your outdated windows and doors for more efficient products? Oriel Windows & Doors of Red Deer shares some renovation tips and advice. We have worked a wide range of window and door renovations and are happy to help you navigate your own project.
Things to consider for your renovation:
Existing Style & Design
• Current windows and doors may not aesthetically fit the current style of your home.
• You may want more natural light provided.
• You may want to change current design layout (ex: adding a bedroom).
Components & Hardware
• Cost to replace your existing hardware such as operators and/or screen over time will be too much (stock supply will decrease as new hardware becomes available, forcing a special order to be made).
• If a larger window or door unit is being installed, structural changes are necessary to account for the required extra space.
• Over time exposed frames can incur damage from water or condensation, causing either the sealed unit or the entire window to fail and no longer perform.
Heating & Ventilation
• Glass areas on both windows and doors can account for both heat losses at night or heat gain during the day. Energy efficient windows can help reduce both. However, these windows are dependent upon the size of the window; there may be additional modifications required such as shading.
• You may want to assess the pros and cons of replacing your windows and/or doors. Although in the long term it may be more cost effective to replace your windows and/or doors you may always want to explore the cost to provide temporary solutions to your problems (such as adding weather-stripping or replacing existing hardware).
In order to avoid any surprises Oriel Windows & Doors in Red Deer offers a no obligation, free in-home estimate at your convenience so that our sales representative may go over any and all options you may be considering when renovating your home. Contact us for further details.